A Fabulous Family Affair: Best Family-Friendly Restaurants In Oxfordshire
The school holidays are almost upon us, which means it’s time to make a bunch of new memories with the whole family! If you’re looking for family-friendly restaurants in Oxfordshire, there are plenty to choose from.
Bull on Bell – Henley-on-Thames
Henley-on-Thames in South Oxfordshire is certainly worth a visit this summer. Whether it’s a family day out or a long weekend on the Thames you’re after, this charming town has it all.
The little ones will LOVE the River & Rowing Museum, and the more adventurous of the clan can head to the water for stand-up paddle boarding, rowing, or canoeing!
The town also hosts a series of family-friendly events and festivals throughout the year.
And when it comes to tasty grub, Henley is home to one of the best family-friendly restaurants in Oxfordshire. At the Bull on Bell, we have a choice of menus that’ll knock your socks off.
If it’s a roast you’re after (because nothing says England quite like a good old Sunday Roast), you’re sure to love our take on the traditional dish.
Our bar is well-stocked with tasty tipples, including premium pints of our very own Brakspear, sensational spirits and cocktails that’ll have your tastebuds tingling. And with the whole team in tow, it’s safe to say you deserve a tipple or two.
Aside from our magnificent menus, our handsome homestead features the largest pub garden in Henley. We also have a selection of private dining options available to book, so you can enjoy a more secluded supping session.
And to top it off – we welcome dogs! After all, a family day out isn’t complete without your canine companion.
Other Family-Friendly Restaurants In Oxfordshire
There are lots of excellent family-friendly restaurants to be found within the beautiful villages and traditional market towns of Oxfordshire. Including…
- The Lion, Bicester – Offering sensationally fresh grub for the whole family, this rustic village pub boasts country charm, a suntrap terrace and so much more.
- The Nags Head on the Thames, Abingdon – Located on its very own island in the middle of the Thames, The Nags Head offers delicious gourmet cuisine. The kids and grownups alike will go crazy for the mouth-wating woodfired pizzas!
- King William IV, Hailey – This beautiful 17th century pub and restaurant is nestled in the Oxfordshire Chiltern Hills. It’s the perfect place to relax and recharge after a family walk in the Chilterns.
- The Fox & Hounds, Watlington – Known affectionately as “Top Fox”, this spectacular pub has been serving pints for more than 500 years. It’s located in the heart of the Chiltern Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and serves up delicious homecooked grub to families, dog-walkers, cyclists, day trippers and locals.
- The Chequers, Marlow – OK, so it’s not exactly in Oxfordshire, but The Chequers in nearby Marlow is certainly worth the half hour drive. Featuring a premium selection of succulent steaks from its very own Butcher’s Block, along with a wide range of palate-pleasing provisions, The Chequers is certainly one of the best pubs in the area.
Book A Table At The Bull on Bell
The Bull on Bell is one of several enchanting establishments run by Honeycomb Houses – which is why we’re one of the best family-friendly pubs in Oxfordshire.
Each of the Honeycomb Houses is a home away from home, offering good old family fun alongside delicious dishes and delectable drinks.
If you would like to visit the Bull on Bell in Henley, you can book a table here. Alternatively, if you have any questions about our pub, restaurant or event spaces, give us a bell on 01491 576 554.